Saturday, October 18, 2014

Williams up against youth in WTA finals

BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore 2014


SINGAPORE (AP) -- Serena Williams will play two of the tour's young rising stars in the round-robin stage of this year's WTA finals in Singapore.
The draw Saturday placed top-seeded Williams in the Red Group with 23-year-old Simona Halep and 20-year-old Eugenie Bouchard as well as the more experienced Ana Ivanovic, who has beaten the American only once in eight matches.
The draw Saturday placed top-seeded Williams in the Red Group with 23-year-old Simona Halep and 20-year-old Eugenie Bouchard as well as the more experienced Ana Ivanovic, who has beaten the American only once in eight matches.
''I don't care who I play, to be perfectly honest with you. You can put me against anybody at this point, I'm ready,'' said the top-ranked Williams, whose appearance in Singapore was in doubt after she pulled out of the China Open tournament earlier this month with a knee injury. ''I really can't wait for my match. I wish I had a match tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment