Monday, November 3, 2014

Carmelo reaches 20,000 career points, leads Knicks over Hornets


Before forcing his way to New York, Carmelo Anthony recalled how he marveled at the numbers that Denver Nuggets teammate Allen Iverson had posted in his career.
On Sunday night, Anthony joined his former teammate, becoming the sixth youngest to join the NBA's 20,000 point club, with a 28-point performance. Anthony also hit the go-ahead basket with 1:23 remaining, leading the New York Knicks to a 96-93 victory over the Charlotte Hornets.I never thought I would be here actually talking about me reaching that milestone," Anthony said. "I'm definitely humbled by this experience. I (guess I) got more to go."
Anthony, a seven-time All-Star, who started off the night with 19,997 points, notched his 19,999th point after hitting a basket in the opening seconds of the game. With 7:42 remaining in the opening quarter, point guard Shane Larkin found an open Anthony on the wing for a 3-pointer, becoming the 40th player in league history to score over 20,000 points in their careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment