Sunday, November 16, 2014

Christina Kim wins Lorena Ochoa Invitational

Christina Kim wins Lorena Ochoa Invitational
MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Christina Kim won the Lorena Ochoa Invitational on Sunday for her first LPGA Tour title in nine years, beating Shanshan Feng in a playoff after losing a five-stroke lead.
Kim won with a tap-in par on the par-4 18th on the second extra hole at Club de Golf Mexico.
''This is the greatest win in my life, without a doubt,'' Kim said.
The 30-year-old American celebrated with an exuberant dance and jumped up and down on the green. Kim hugged caddie T.J. Jones, boyfriend Duncan French and friend Michelle Wie, with Wie wiping away tears after embracing the winner. French is Wie's caddie.
''I can't put into words how I'm feeling right now. Kim said. ''I'm still riding so many emotions. It feels surreal. I can't explain. I'm so overwhelmed right now. I'm so proud and honored to be a champion for such an incredible tournament.''

No comments:

Post a Comment