Thursday, January 15, 2015

Phil Mickelson skipping Pebble Beach for first time since 1995

Golf begins a new year with 5 events to keep an eagle …
Phil Mickelson is skipping a pair of West Coast Swing staples to spend time with his family. 
Mickelson announced on his website that he won't play in either the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am or the Northern Trust Open. Mickelson had played the old Clambake each year since 1995 and is a four-time winner of the event, including in a 2012 showdown with Tiger Woods. Lefty also has posted an excellent record in the last decade at NTO host Riviera Country Club, where he has a win and a pair of runner-up finishes in that span.“Those are two of my favorite events, two of my favorite courses,” he said on his website, “but with the kids in two schools with different spring breaks, I’ll take that time off. They’ve accommodated my schedule enough over the years. It’s time for me to accommodate theirs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment